The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Nikon 60/2.8G Macro and Zeiss 35/2

Well this is my first commercial job with the new acquisition Nikon 60/2.8G Macro and Zeiss 35/2. Needless to say they are amazing glasses.
The most impressive the 60 G which is very sharp even wide open and in macro is like a microscope.

60/2.8 G macro @ f/11:

100%

100% of a macro shot:

35/2 Zeiss at f/14

100%

35/2 Zeiss at f/11

nikonf

Great images!
Now this is the problem: These are perfect lenses for my work and I will need to purchase both.
I wonder how the new 35mm Sigma f1.4 stacks up against the Zeiss 35mm f2.
I have not seen any real world tests by any Pros in this group but I hear good things about the lens on the web.
Keep posting your fantastic images - Please!
Mike
Well this is my first commercial job with the new acquisition Nikon 60/2.8G Macro and Zeiss 35/2. Needless to say they are amazing glasses.
The most impressive the 60 G which is very sharp even wide open and in macro is like a microscope.

60/2.8 G macro @ f/11:

100%

100% of a macro shot:

35/2 Zeiss at f/14

100%

35/2 Zeiss at f/11

Thanks Mike. Very welcome.!
I bought the Zeiss lens kind of blindly. Where I live there are not stores where you could try it or rent it first.
I find it very good at f8 and 11. At 5.6 and wider this lens is kind of soft and shows lots of CA. The images I took at 5.6 still show CA after ACR or Capture One 7 conversion.
I never tried the nikon 35 1.4 G which is another option. We still have to see the reviews on this new lens hopping to be a better option.
I personally never like the fell of sigma or Tamron lenses.
Let's wait and see. TOmorrow I'll post some wide aperture images from the 35 Zeiss.

RVB

Thanks Mike. Very welcome.!
I bought the Zeiss lens kind of blindly. Where I live there are not stores where you could try it or rent it first.
I find it very good at f8 and 11. At 5.6 and wider this lens is kind of soft and shows lots of CA. The images I took at 5.6 still show CA after ACR or Capture One 7 conversion.
I never tried the nikon 35 1.4 G which is another option. We still have to see the reviews on this new lens hopping to be a better option.
I personally never like the fell of sigma or Tamron lenses.
Let's wait and see. TOmorrow I'll post some wide aperture images from the 35 Zeiss.
The new sigma 35mm 1.4 is excellent.

RVB

RvB do you have it already?

Hi,Yes I have a copy here but my 1DX was stolen so I cant use it ,I am sending it back to my dealer soon to exchange for a nikon mount.. it's very sharp and built quite well,the only real advantage of the Nikon 35 1.4 is the weather sealing..