The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D800 Remote Release

Leigh

The regular MC-30 remote release should work.

The camera takes two images for one shutter button press.

I can't set up my D800E to test it because I have NEF configurated and HDR won't work with NEF.
I don't want to go through the hassle of reconfiguring the camera.

I checked the owner's manual (page 390) re the MC30, and found no restrictions on its use or operation.

MC30 $40 to $50 at KEH: http://www.keh.com/search?store=cam...de=Class&grade=Grade&sprice=0&eprice=0&r=SE&e

- Leigh

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

From mbroomfield (Mike) I learned that Live View also works with c3 Self-timer >> Number of shots.
Which means that you also have this self-timer automatised HDR possibility without any need of a remote at all:

MENU button >> CUSTOM SETTING MENU >> e5 Auto bracketing set >> e.g. AE & flash >> OK
BKT button and rotate the main (back) command dial >> choose the number of shots >> e.g. "3F" (= three EVs centered around the correct balanced exposure)
BKT button and rotate the sub-command (front) dial >> choose the exposure increment >> e.g. 1.0 EV

Release Mode dial on Self-timer
MENU button >> CUSTOM SETTING MENU >> c3 Self-timer delay e.g. 2s >> OK >> Number of shots e.g. 3 >> OK >> Interval between shots e.g. 0,5s >> OK

Live View capture (focus and shutter release)

The trick is that by combining Live View with c3 Self-timer >> Number of shots the mirror stays up during the entire sequence and you avoid mirror slap.

Nestor1

Wow this is the best to released the remote of this camera actually i was in searching for this informaiton and thinking to make a thread for this but i think i have no need to make any thread after read out this thanks for this ...