The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NPS is it worth it?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am wondering if applying for NPS membership is worth it.
What has the experience been for other folks?
thanks
-bob

Dustbak

I can only reply with my experience over here. It doesn't cost you anything to apply, you have to have a certain amount of Nikon gear which you probably already have and you need to show you are a working pro.

The advantages are small but worthwile imo. I get priority with repairs and if necessary loan equipment. This is what I mainly use it for. An example, my D800 felt terrible colorwise, the too green issue. The repair center had it calibrated in every way the new possible including a focus adjustment ( which I did not even ask for) within a day and had it returned within a couple of days. They could not see anything wrong with it but since I vented it did not feel good they were willing to do all the work just to see if it would make a difference to me (it is now a lot better in my eyes, apparently I am very sensitive to green or something).

Other people use the ability to loan equipment during events, check and clean every 6 months (I should be taking advantage of that). seminars and trainings are arranged as well, either for free or heavily discounted.

I had the impression in the US you can have priority buying new equipment, not sure if that applies over here too.

NPS, do you really need it? Maybe not but it sure feels like Nikon will take care of you when you need it. For me that makes it valuable.

Dan Bellyk

Yes worth it, not sure about US but in Canada you can borrow gear which comes in handy or if you are thinking of a new lens give it a go for a week to see if it's worth the purchase. I have to pay for return shipping but much cheaper than renting.

fultonpics

yes. as mentioned it is free, just apply. you can borrow equipment at major events and even get your camera checked out free. priority on turn around and finally priority on new cameras (NPS orders go directly to your dealer). all free.

Alon

Not Available
Sure it is worth it. I got a 2013 Nikon agenda this year!

But the best part is to annoy the neighbors with the NPS membership card.....priceless!