The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

APS-C sensor compact by Nikon

Tim

This review reports that the Nikon A can manage more images per charge than 250, so no disappointment there.

"I found battery life to be surprisingly good; 500-600 images per charge was routinely achievable"
Review: The Nikon Coolpix A

Paratom

The Nikon Coolpix A has 2 things I do not like:

1) it is too small again

2) it has no EVF built in

1) could have easily been solved with 2)
For those who like a little bigger camera and and EVF I would just buy an OMD with a 12/2.0 lens.

For my part I find the Nikon A attractive BECAUSE it is small. (but still it seems easy to hold and operate for my hands)

Lonnie Utah

Nikon has it backwards....

They should have put the sensor from this camera in the 1 series and series 1 sensor in this camera...

markhout

- Fuji X100s, faster lens (though a bit longer) and a viewfinder;
- Sigma DP1 Merrill, Foveon sensor (whether you like to deal with its limitations or not, the detail it produces are incredible)
- Leica X2, longer but not faster lens, quite a bit more expensive;
- Sony RX-1, larger sensor, faster lens (though a bit longer), however in a completely different price league (3x)
Very eager to see how the new Ricoh GR fits into this list. Fixed focus 28mm equal, APS-C sensor @ $800.