Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dust settled users of D800E!

Super Duper

Franklin, MI and Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dust settled users of D800E!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulyss Bowman View Post

If I need/want rez, now I rent it
    Perhaps the most intelligent piece of advice on the entire forum

- Marc

Senior Member johnnygoesdigital's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The D800 has certainly changed my opinion on Nikon. Although imo, the 24mp of the D600 is probably the sweet spot for most lenses, using the Sigma 35mm HSM 1.4 on the D800 is perfect! I wouldn't have been able to capture my ski photos with a MFD, so for that one assignment it paid off. What's not often mentioned when comparing cameras, is that the broadcast quality video it shoots is remarkably useful. Combine that with the one of the best lenses ever (85mm1.4G) and you'll get stunning results.
    I've never looked back when I sold my H4D/40, I got more for it then I ever expected. Nikon has converted many potential and current MFD users that this could replace or be a viable backup camera for professionals without an insane amount of investment. Canon is sure to follow with something cool, and Sigma's "foveon" sensors are getting the respect they deserve too. It's a good time to be a photographer.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems that some feel there are smaller alternatives - see : VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER'S BLOG: THE AMAZING LANDSCAPES OF ARRAN, SCOTLAND

Interesting to see the rapid developments - must be hell t be a camera designer ah the moment.