The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D700 with Zeiss 50/2 macro

deepdiver

Some pics to share from last saturday night :)

Nikon D700 + ZF 50/2 macro
Iso 6400

with SB 900 + pocket wizard

thx for looking
Andree :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful model night shots. The black haired girl at f/2, and the blond at f/2.8. Excellent work, Andree :thumbup:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Yes I can imagine that !
Andree, have you tried the new Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G or do you intend to take a closer look at that one, or how about the Sigma 1.4/50mm ... ?
Though I like the ZFs a lot I could sometimes use a couple of nice autofocus primes as well.

deepdiver

Not yet.
Nikon 50/1.4 AF-S is not available in Indonesia yet :(
I already pre-order it.
I want to try it too :)
I'm really looking forward to test it out

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Great series, thanks for posting -- sorry for chiming in so late, but somehow I missed it the fist time around!

Chris C

Thx Bondo :)
It was hard to use manual focus at night time, with the light so dim.
Make life easy, get a tiny red rear cycle light for your night shots, and place, clip on, or [model] hold at the point of focus. Many of my night time view-camera shots would have been very difficult to focus without the cycle lamps from my bike.

............ Chris

Stuart Richardson

Yes, I was going to suggest a flashlight -- they are really useful for when you are using manual focus lenses at night.

Nice photos though! The D3 and D700 really open up a new world of night photography...