The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 and nikon 24mm PC lens

viablex1

whew for some reason never noticed focusing issues like I did the last time out with it, I usually shoot it on a 4X5 crop and still noticed the center is focused correctly at F8 but the sides really are oof and the image is unusable.

I read tashleys write up and I wanted to get others experience shooting with this lens on a d800 or d800e.

I am guessing hyperfocal focusing is out of the question and boy I do take for granted using my fotman dmax and chamonix as far as focusing throughout goes.

I went back and looked at images shot with the d700 and d600 and perfectly fine using same technique to focus.

just my novice thoughts, I figure I would post it here since this forum is generally much kinder with photographers that are technically challenged

matto