The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

28mm for D800(e)?

Frederic

New Jersey is considering a law banning the photographing (not just publishing) of minors without parental consent. This is similar to the crazy French law prohibiting photographing anyone anywhere with out permission. But unless this law passes, you don't have to worry.

Though OT just thought I had to react to this one. There's indeed no law 'prohibiting photographing anyone anywhere without a permission' in France, that's pure fantasy.
Now some people in the streets might come up with such BS to prevent you from taking pics, but there's no legal basis to this in french laws.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
We need to remember journalism and advertising are two completely seperate rules. You would never use a photo to endorse a product or service without a release in advertising . Law or not I would never ever do that myself is use any image for advertising without a release regardless of adult or child.

We need to remember journalism and advertising are two completely seperate rules. You would never use a photo to endorse a product or service without a release in advertising . Law or not I would never ever do that myself is use any image for advertising without a release regardless of adult or child.
Well, I don't think anyone would disagree. But the question was raised in this thread about pictures of kids being posted in a technical thread in a photography forum. This isn't advertising. In uses like this, and in art, no one expects releases.