The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

TEST:d800 elmarit r 2,8 type 2

I have had this lens for a few months but never made a reasonably accurate test, so I decided to determine if that field curvature issue that is often attributed to it is a real problem or can be tolerated.
Results seem to indicate that there is no appreciable field curvature, but that extreme corners are just barely outside of the image circle till 5,6.
Center and most of image appear to be very sharp from 2,8, with only marginal
improvement if any stopping down.

This is the full image.

_DSC2581small by sergio lovisolo, on Flickr

Conversion with PS and ACR not ideal for Nikon (but that's what I have)
Unfortunately, Flickr takes the unrequested decision of over sharpening the images

Lightleak

Sergio, excellent test and lens. Proves once more that this lens+camera combination works really well to say the least.

I use ACR because it has, in my opinion, the most simple, intuitive and practical interface, and results are generally good. But i must admit that C1, that I tried to use, but is to difficult and complicated for me, gives better color tonalities and accurate tonal rendition.