The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Happy and a Thank You

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
2009 will be a year of challenge for most people on this earth. But although many things have gone astray lately, there is always light to be found, even in the darkest tunnel. Gathering around the positive highlights seems to be a good idea. That way, the night will seem shorter, and the steep climbs easier to negotiate.

A Happy, Prosperous New Year to All, and a Big Thank You to Guy and Jack for running this unusually enjoyable forum.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm, f/2.8 and 1/8s

helenhill

Just Magical Jorgen

Light Gathering...... Lets Fly Away
Coolness :cool:
You have Lifted my Mood...

and in agreement
Thank You Jack & Guy for a Great Site and Wonderful Hosts
Best to You -H

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You kids are making me blush. LOL
Honestly it's all about the great members that make this place.

I agree Helen time for a flight

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Jorgen,

Awesome image, and thank you so much for the kind words. But like Guy said, a forum like this one is only as good as its members, and frankly, we are blessed with the best!

cjlacz

Beautiful picture. I like that the sky in the background is still a little blue. It reminds me of the balloon festival in Plano were they'd light up all the balloons at night.

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, thank you for conveying -- with such an expressive picture -- a sentiment that so many of us must feel. We are all greatly indebted to Guy and Jack for hosting this marvelous forum.

Best wishes to everyone for 2009...

Thanks Jorgen for the wonderful image and wishes. And to Guy, Jack. and all my fellow forum members, wishing you a healthy and artistic 2009! best...Peter

woodyspedden

As far as I am concerned the most memorable advice from the forum moderators was the inclusion of Hendricks gin as the most marvelous gin on the planet. I thought I had tried them all but man this stuff is the best and not like any other gin on the planet.

I promise that on my next workshop I will plan on bringing enough to satisfy most of the folks attending. And at $32 per bottle that will be a real donation

Woody

Guy Mancuso

Okay we need to switch to the best Vodka now. LOL

If Jack and Bob don't have any Hendricks for me i am throwing both of there butts out of my car on the road to Moab. May leave them in the Petrified National forest to eat rocks and drink limestone water. LOL

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You kids are making me blush. LOL
Honestly it's all about the great members that make this place.

I agree Helen time for a flight
There's a reason why all the great members are here you know, and it's not because of the great gin, not all of us anyway :ROTFL: Although, if the gin is that great, maybe I should fly across the pond and participate in one of those workshops :p

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
There's a reason why all the great members are here you know, and it's not because of the great gin, not all of us anyway :ROTFL: Although, if the gin is that great, maybe I should fly across the pond and participate in one of those workshops :p
Jorgen:

You fly over for a workshop and I'll gift you your own personal bottle of Hendricks AND a martini shaker for making the trip!

PS: We do have 2 slots still open for Moab, and one of the early adopters of this wonderful Gin will be there to enjoy it with! :ROTFL:

Cheers,

O

Oxide Blu

... We do have 2 slots still open for Moab ...
If it wasn't landscape, I'd join you. (For the photography, not the gin. :D ) I'm holed up in the SF bay area for a couple more weeks waiting on nothing important enough that I should be here. :angry:

Guy Mancuso

Tax deduction. Educational expense and last day of 2008. LOL

May have to pay myself.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If it wasn't landscape, I'd join you. (For the photography, not the gin. :D ) I'm holed up in the SF bay area for a couple more weeks waiting on nothing important enough that I should be here. :angry:
Unfortunately, there's not much street action in Moab in the dead of winter. It's a town that can take you 2 hours to get through mid summer, yet in mid winter you could shoot a canon down main street from one end to the other and odds are good you'd not hit a thing before the cannonball hit the Colorado river :D

However, we have a *BUNCH* of fun on our workshops, and who knows, you may actually come to enjoy meditative and contemplative nature of landscape photography!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen:

You fly over for a workshop and I'll gift you your own personal bottle of Hendricks AND a martini shaker for making the trip!

PS: We do have 2 slots still open for Moab, and one of the early adopters of this wonderful Gin will be there to enjoy it with! :ROTFL:

Cheers,
Unfortunately, it'll have to be during second part of the year :( The first six months are more or less filled up with all kinds of nonsense, like earning a few bucks to buy rice.

I'll keep myself informed about your workshop schedules though, so that I can make this become a reality :)

O

Oxide Blu

... who knows, you may actually come to enjoy meditative and contemplative nature of landscape photography!

Oh, don't worry about that. That's why they had to invent scotch so many years ago, well before anyone even considered photography. :D

etrigan63

Well before the year ends on the East Coast, let me add a couple of pics to this thread:

First this one titled "Ignition" dedicated to Jack and Guy for helping fan everyones' creative sparks:

And this one of my children having (safe) fun with some sparklers:

All shots D300 + 35mm f/2 handheld.