The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 135mm DC

VINCET

I bought this lens from Guy recently and man, I am really loving it. I don't think it is super sharp, micro contrast or saturated but there is a special character that is for me, really appealing.

VINCET

This might actually replace the Zeiss 100 MP Zf.2 that was my go to lens for portrait. Both have their unique character. So hard to choose.

D&A

Vincent, lovely portraits of your children! Both the 105 DC and 135mm DC are two of my all time favorite lenses for 35mm SLR's in the way they render an image, especailly portraits and as guy mentioned, you're using these lenses to your advantage. Very nice!

Dave (D&A)

VINCET

Dave, thanks. Actually, the weird thing is, when I first snapped the pictures and viewed them on the camera, I did not really see anything special. In fact, it looked a little washed out. Bring them to LR and see how nice the IQ is. Little adjustment is all that is needed.

D&A

Dave, thanks. Actually, the weird thing is, when I first snapped the pictures and viewed them on the camera, I did not really see anything special. In fact, it looked a little washed out. Bring them to LR and see how nice the IQ is. Little adjustment is all that is needed.
That's generally the case (although not always), that when using lenses that have a known or unique signature, they often times appear mediocre or lacking something when viewed on the rear LCD but when fully opened up on the screen, their intricacies in the way they present an image is clearly seen. I've especially noticed this with lenses that have a degree of spherical aberration and thus result in what is often referred to Leica glow. Simply look soft on rear LCD but for some subjects, look marvelous on screen or in print. The Nikon DC lenses are certainly in that special group of optics in my opinion.

Dave (D&A)

VINCET

Finally got some time to play with the 135mm again, this time, mounted on the M 240. With the EVF, it is actually not too bad.

Photojazz

Great shots. Maybe I can add to the regrets for Guy selling his. I am surprised he did, but I saw he got a Zeiss. Hard to go wrong with that for sure.

Well, I don't have a subject as darling as your daughter, so I did some landscapes today instead.

D3X/135DC

Last edited: