The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon V1 Images

Three months ago I purchased a Nikon V1 camera at a great price. I've been extremely impressed with the camera, particularly the fast and accurate focusing. Thought I would share a link to photos I've taken over the past 90 days to give you an idea of what the camera is capable of. Hope you enjoy these images.

Slideshow

Gallery

Swissblad

Nice images - I'm impressed!

The V1 is a really useful little camera - and has a big following amongst select groups - such as digiscopers - where it really shines.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

+ 1

they are very, very good, Joe :thumbup:

what optics do you use with the V1 so far ?

Thanks Swissblad and Steen. I first bought the three primes (10/2.8, 18/1.8 and 32/1.2) and recently picked up the two kit zooms (10-30 and 30-110). My two favorite are the fast 32 and 30-110 zoom.

Swissblad

I was thinking about getting the 18/1.8
It could be an interesting video / portrait lens.
The only thing which erks me about the V1 is the colossal price drop - as an early user that smarts.

Although I tend to use the 32 and 10mm lenses more often, the 18/1.8 is very nice and reasonably priced. The V1 price drop upset many people who first bought into the system, but opened up the system to many - including myself. It will be interesting to see what happens next when the V3 is announced.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I thought that the small sensor of the V1 and the kit 10-30 zoom did a good job of this lighting challenge - straight into the sun! Raw processed in Lightroom.

Keith

M

mjr

Nice images Joe, how do you rate file quality against the RX1?

Cheers

Mat

I enjoy your images Keith and Y Sol.
mjr, obviously, the Rx1 produces superior images. However, the V1 captures a greater quantity and variety of images due to superior autofocus and versatility. I find the cameras complement each other nicely.