The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some great photos in the ni hall of fame.

tashley

Subscriber Member
I gotta say that there is a very small number of good shots there and a lot of total horrors: some vastly overcooked, some with extreme HDR, some with waaay too much 'fun with filters' and a lot which is compositionally inadequate and relies on super-saturation to carry the impact. I think the average standard in the Fun With Nikon Images thread here is much higher!

V

Vivek

I think the average standard in the Fun With Nikon Images thread here is much higher!
+1 :)

I think you were being quite polite with your other comments about the so called "hall of fame". :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
While I have the same mixed feelings I must say this is unfortunately the situation for a lot of "famous shots" today ....

cerett

I agree - some of the images are not particularly great. Interesting to see the camera and lens choices when posted. Often not the top of line, but there are some terrific images associated with them! I think there is a point to be made here . . . . . .

BenH

While there are plenty of overdone HDR images and others that may be way, way, way overdone and poorly composed, I did find quite a few outstanding images just viewing the first 15 or 16 pages in the "Hall of Fame" area. Like any photo site there is going to be a mix of good and horrible. I was pleasantly surprised to see several of shtarka1's (Steve Mark's) photos there which, IMHO is top quality.

Ben

(...)

Like any photo site there is going to be a mix of good and horrible. I was pleasantly surprised to see several of shtarka1's (Steve Mark's) photos there which, IMHO is top quality.

Ben
+1. Particularly regarding the second sentence. It's a pity we have the pleasure to see Steve posting his pictures here at GetDPI rather seldom for some time, whatever the reason(s) may be.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I prefer my images medium-rare.
I was horrified at the judging of a local camera club monthly competition.
It seems like unless the images are over-cooked, or HDR (to the extreme) or had some other unnatural look about them, they were cut.
Is this the effect of the instagram generation I wonder.
-bob