The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 400mm f/2.8 AF-S ED VR Review (Experiences Shooting Hummingbirds)

MB100

Near the end of summer, out hummingbird feeder was having great success bringing in the little critters so I decided that it couldn't be terribly hard to get some photos of them, well I was wrong and it took a lot of effort, camera settings, technique and a bit of experience being around the creatures before I could get the images I want. Eventually I opted to upgrade my 70-200mm set up for the 400mm f/2.8 which vastly helped the situation. If your interested in learning about how to shoot Hummingbirds, you can read about the camera settings that I found work best, and some of the habits and behaviors of hummingbirds in my latest article.

Shooting Hummingbirds with the Nikon 400mm f/2.8 AF-S VR & Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII Lenses | Brian Hirschfeld Photography