The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D610

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

© • Both with Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G •.at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

Steve P.

Steen, I'm enjoying the sense that in many of your images in this thread there is an absence of people and yet they convey a distinct impression of human presence. There are open windows and doors, bicycles and cars, garden chairs and tables with potted plants on them, well tended gardens, yet very few people are to be seen in frame. It's as if I just stepped into the scene a brief moment after someone stepped out. I feel it adds another dimension to what are ostensibly architectural and scenic photographs. I like this atmosphere of something happening just out of sight. A really nice set.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks a lot for your kind words, Steve, much appreciated

You encourage me to post a few more :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

© • Both with Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G •.at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

thanks a lot, Swiss :thumbup:
you encourage me to post a couple more :)

©lick for actual pixels

© • Both with Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Small sheep story

©lick for actual pixels

© • All with Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX2

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Ales Stenar in Skåne in South Sweden

©lick for actual pixels

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

24 million pixels on a 24x36mm sensor means a pixel pitch of about 5.9 µm -- just sayin' :angel:

you can check out the characteristics in these RAW files, but please keep any posted result here on the GetDPI Forum

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3k7e05zk6kzh5z5/61A_4348.NEF

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

http://www.mediafire.com/view/c1x7zegg6nr8qnz/61A_4367.NEF

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/160 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D

Hulyss Bowman

This thread is a bit slow because not many photographers over here posses the D610 AND, in addition to this problem, the Steen's D610 is actually in my hands some thousands km of him.

Long story short, when my D700 felt and needed servicing, Steen decided that he was able help me so he mailed me his camera. After 12 days of travel, far after the return of my D700 from NPS, the D610 landed in my home. Yes, Danish post might like horses for hauling stuff... we will never know what happened. Steen is a gentle man, me say. This is just the proof that humanity is not crap, yet !! Awesome Steen :)

Anyway, here is my first impressions of this camera, a camera that I never rented or tested before. In fact, I never experienced any of the 24mp Sony sensor on Nikon body. Roughly, it have the typical thai finish :grin: of all consumers cameras coming from Thailand, from the D3000 to the D750. So, when you are used to pro/semi-pro Nikon proper Japanese body (apart the Df...), things are somehow awkward. Don't get me wrong, for his price... it is a very very nice camera for anybody who enter Fx Nikonland with no money. Double SD card slot, good AF even for a DX module, good sensor, video ... It is a nice camera.

Thing is, especially if you have a D700, a D3s, a D3 ... cameras who can be serviced till the end of 2018... and are not after video... you do not need this camera. You do not need any of the 24Mp line and it prove me, somehow, how much the D3x was/is a overpriced :p For the very first time in my life, I opened a 24mp file and made a comparison with a 12mp file. Even in printing I know the difference is not big at all. Yes it is double BUT, when you know printing, it is not a whole new world. D800/D800E/D810 ARE a new world in printing compared to a D700. The 24MP nikon line could have been an upgrade... if they managed to churn this sensor in a D800 body, like the D4 sensor.

So actually I have no time to shoot but I hike several hours per day and I always have the D610, D700, 50f1.8G, 85f1.8G and the 180f2.8IFED + heavy tripod. I always take this equipment on my shoulders even if I don't touch it during my day. Weather is super crap, fall is not here yet, it is grey... but I managed to stop today and to take a shoot with both camera, 50f1.8g ISO200 1/15 f8 and timer.

D610​

D610crop​

D700​

D700crop​

All in one, it is a shame that Nikon do not put this kind of sensor into a SEMI PRO body, with easy ISO access... at least. I'm not fan of custom button or anything like that. I generally use a camera as she come out of the box, just setting raw options and some stuff but this D610 is ergonomically not very cool compared to old D700 brother.

I'll make more pics, maybe this weekend if weather go better :) I will be less grumpy !

P.S: Steen !! You should buy the D810 and start to taste ISO64... just sayin' :cool:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Thank you, Hulyss, for sharing your observations :thumbup:

I fully agree about the importance of handling, at the moment I enjoy using my good old trusted D300, it's a great tool :)

I may very well go for a D810 at a later point, but it's still rather pricey in my country, so for now I'll probably just stick with the D610. I think :angel:

Swissblad

Steen, that was one cool thing to do!

BTW Hulyss, the D810 is made in Thailand as well.....:toocool:

Leigh

The 24MP nikon line could have been an upgrade... if they managed to churn this sensor in a D800 body, like the D4 sensor.
Sorry, but I don't understand that comment.

The D800 cameras have a 36.3 Megapixel sensor.

How would a 24 Mp sensor be an upgrade ???

- Leigh

Hulyss Bowman

I fully agree about the importance of handling, at the moment I enjoy using my good old trusted D300, it's a great tool :)
Yes the D300 is exactelly what is the D700. Just Video and APS-C. This is why I blame Nikon to not have followed this scheme : A semi pro FF and a Semi pro APS-C, same build, same controls. That's just lame. In the same time, the D810 is a cool tool but you might wait the Pentax FF... thousand Euro less and probably a better camera, with very cool lenses as well...

BTW Hulyss, the D810 is made in Thailand as well.....:toocool:
Yea but in hands it is absolutely not the same beast. It is not build like a consumer model. well... :cry:

Sorry, but I don't understand that comment.

The D800 cameras have a 36.3 Megapixel sensor.

How would a 24 Mp sensor be an upgrade ???

- Leigh
I agree. I think Nikon was a sort of Sony victim. There is errors in the sensors. I think the 16mp renesas sensor, is super cool. They should have used this sensor only, and not the 24mp one. They should have made also a D4H with 36mp, very shortly after the D4. Nikon is a mess since some years and I think they lost the plot once they started to mate with Sony...

The old scheme D3 / D700 / D300 was exceptionally efficient, praised. Same layout over different models, more expensive than Canon and build like tanks. Today it is just a mess.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

©lick for actual pixels

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/28mm G • 1/320 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX-D

© • Nikon D610 • AF-S Nikkor 1.8/85mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 100 • Capture NX-D