The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800 at New York Halloween Parade

I rarely post here in the Nikon forum just because I am so happy with the camera. Even though I am always looking for the ideal small camera (Nikon V1, Sony rx-1, Ricoh Gr, Fuji X100 ... ) it's always reassuring to have a D800 when the need arises. Here's a short article and a few images from the New York Halloween Parade. Please check it out if you are so inclined. Thanks.

Article

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

They are very, very good, Joe.

Having done some exif peeping I'm also impressed by the fact that all except two of them are captured at f/1.4 and from ISO 800 and up, most of them at ISO 6400 :eek:

Still, they have a lot of three dimensionality and seem to pop off the screen :thumbup:

(Apparently all with either AF-S Nikkor 24 f/1.4 G, or AF-S Nikkor 85 f/1.4 G, on D800 acc. to exif).

I think they deserve that you show a couple of appetizers directly in this thread :)

V

Vivek

Agree with Steen. :)

Besides the gear nuances (could not give a damn), lovely selection of well captured images. :thumbs:

Thank you Steen and Vivek. Yes I only used the 24 and 85 primes and used flash sparingly. The D800 handled low light quite well.

Per your recommendation here are a few images:

Last edited: