The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First shots with the Otus

V

Vivek

Ok, Maybe it's too sharp. This is on a 16 MP D4. Imagine a D800E

Shot at f2.2 with a D4 and SB910 flash. Just goofing around on a Saturday night. Look at the fine nose hairs
FWIW, you get to see such fine details with any lens (say 50/1.2 AiS or 50/1.4 AFS..) and flash lighting.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
HTML:
FWIW, you get to see such fine details with any lens (say 50/1.2 AiS or 50/1.4 AFS..) and flash lighting.
Agree flash although really picks the detail almost any lens would look good with it. Nice to see but don't use it as a real guide to lens performance. This lens just happens to look outstanding anyway but avoid flash results per say. Outside of this , this lens I would like to have in my bag. Looks exactly what I am after. The fall off is outstanding and with the sharpness wide open gives a nice 3d rendering.

This my friends is a look lens. Price is killer though to get it

ryc

here is one from today. Back lit, no fill flash. Just pulled all the shadow detail out of the D4 sensor.

To see a larger version just go here and click on the image

bensonga

Thanks! It looks pretty big, even on the D4. Does it balance and handle pretty well?

I am so tempted by this lens, but I would have to buy a D800 again to really make it worthwhile.

Gary