The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800E with Macro Digitar 120

bigJman

Hi,

This is my first post, but I have been lurking and reading for quite a while. First off, I must say I really appreciate the massive range and depth of knowledge present on this forum. I have learned a lot. Plus, it seems to be more civilized than your average photo forum out there, which is nice too.

Anyways I though this might be of interest to some of the members here. I have built one of those Frankenstein setups with a Sinar X, a nikon pk-12a extension tube and some adhesive to be able to mount my D800e body on a Sinar and use a Schneider Digitar Macro 120 Digital lens. Those familiar with these sort of setups are well aware of the limitations involved in mounting a DSLR to a view camera. But you can still have some fun with it.

Finding samples of such a setup is not easy. I have not run across any specifically with the Digitar 120 and the d800e. So this may be of use. My sensor is in serious need of a cleaning so the dust specs do detract to some degree. But it is what it is. Here is a sample:

I have aslo uploaded the Raw nef to my dropbox for those who wish to inspect full resolution.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55290759/DSC_7658.NEF

Thanks.