The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Teleconverters with the 200 f2

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Btw, if you want the ultimate teleconverter for the 200/2 just get yourself a Nikon D7100. You can't beat pixels on target.

M

mjr

Thanks guys, good suggestion Graham, I know nothing about the 7100, a second body with the 200 attached would be great, I'll read up on it.

Cheers

Mat

ryc

I just bought this lens and am also looking into the 1.4 or 1.7. Would like to read what you think.

D&A

I just bought this lens and am also looking into the 1.4 or 1.7. Would like to read what you think.
From personal experience in using all three Nikon converters with the 200mm f2 lens....I would go with the 1.4x first, then the latest 2x and lastly the 1.7x, although I put the 1.7x well behind the other two converters. I'd like to see an optical update of the 1.7x, similar to what was done with their 2x in incorporating a aspherical element.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:
M

mjr

I have the new x2 here now, arrived last night, on the normal messing about in the house the shots are extremely good at 100% at 400 obviously with f4 being wide open, by f8 they are as sharp as f4 without the converter.

It's snowing quite heavy here so not sure I will get anything meaningful but my one suggestion is to buy the RRS foot, mine arrived yesterday and it is superb on the 200, much longer than original and balance with the converter is much better with it moved forward a bit.

Mat