The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Very basic D90 question

Rawfa

I have just bought a Nikon D90 and even though everything is pretty straight forward I've been going through thee user guider and I cannot find out how to activate the histogram...Anyone?

woodyspedden

Rafa

I don't have a D90 but on the D700, D300 and D3 you activate play and then using the arrows on the rear scroll wheel you can scroll through the various modes of display. One of these includes the histograms.

You can also use the same approach to display the histogram for the brief period immediately following capturing an image.

Hope this helps

Woody

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
I only have the D300, but I just downloaded the D90 User's Manual, and there are some smaller differences between the two.

First of all: on your camera go to the PLAYBACK MENU (the menu on the top) >> choose DISPLAY MODE and make sure you have a Checkmark on RGB histogram (see p. 163 in your D90 User's Manual).

To play your captures back press the Playback button (top left) >> and then you can use the "arrow right" on the Multi Selector ("joystick" button) to go to the next picture. Use the ARROW DOWN or ARROW UP on the Multi Selector to see the Histogram and other informations about the current picture. (see p. 128 - 130 in your D90 User's Manual).

Best
Steen