The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800E weird behaviour

Jeffg53

After an afternoon out and about, I went to load my images only to find that I don't have any NEF files. In addition, my file names have changed from _DSC to just DSC meaning that colour space has changed to sRGB, and NR is now turned off, and who knows what else has changed.

When I looked at Info on the back, it said nothing for the CF card and JPG for the SD, hence no NEF files.

I am simply stumped. Unfortunately, I am stone cold sober so it's not going to change any time soon. How could I do this by accident?

DDudenbostel

Back when the nikon D1 came out I had one of the first in the US. There was a bug in the firmware and the camera would do a reset of preferences and the menus would change to Japanese. The first batch released would do that for no reason. Not knowing the menu well and not knowing Japanese made it difficult to reset our preferences until Nikon had a fix. In those days the camera had to go back to Nikon to have firmware updated.

Your firmware may have become corrupted. Try reinstalling the latest version.

Jeffg53

Thanks. I'll see if it happens again. I think on a new camera like this, I might be going back to my dealer and making it his problem.