The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Df at Ballet

Shot Nutcracker with the Nikon Df and three lenses: 58/1.4g, 70-200 and 200-400. Normally I shoot with a D3s but this year I tried the Df instead. Much I like, a little I did not. Will add some thoughts later, but decided to share a few photos for now.

D&A

Very nicely done Joe! 11 Leaping ladies is my favorite too! A large percentage of my shooting these days is the major performing arts. I too will be incorporating the Df into the workflow along side the usual other suspects (D3s, MFD and some others).

Dave (D&A)

Thanks Dave, Jack and Brad. I'm getting use to the camera. I wish I could go all in with dials, but full stop shutter speeds is a bit limiting and the iso lock release slows me down. Getting use to the smaller grip and needing to apply more pressure on the af-on button. These are quibbles not deal breakers. Feels a little odd pushing 200-400 glass with this relatively small Nikon body.

biglouis

Spectacular work and a wonderful exemplar for the Df. All the photographs are excellent but I agree that the stop motion of the 'Ladies Leaping' is particularly impressive photography. On that shot I thought perhaps I had dirt on my screen, then I realised it was detail on the dancers costumes. Amazing resolution!

LouisB