The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D800 shutter count

johnnygoesdigital

Is there a quick way to confirm the shutter count on a D800? I'm thinking of selling mine and want to be accurate in the description. Thanks to all.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One way to find it is:

- Open the file in PS
- Click on File > File Info
- Click on the Advanced tab at the far right
- Open the Schema folder
- Image number is the second line in that folder

At least, that's the way it works in PS CS6

jsf

In CS5 my schema folder did not open. I am so technically ignorant on some of this. I was using a non CPU lens but I did have it entered in menu. It comes up in the data file. Is there any other way to figure out the shutter count? Joe

Sparky16

Try using "myshuttercount.com", upload uneditied full size jpeg or NEF. May take a while to upload. I got the same shutter count numbers by CS6 or online. If it doesn't work, email me an unedited original jpeg image.

Steve

johnnygoesdigital

jsf-

When I tried to open an older file the schema folder was not visible, but after taking a quick jpg, I imported to LR then saved to desktop, opened in PS and the schema folder was there, and the shutter count was confirmed.