The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

a new 50 sigma ART on the way !

archivue

if it's good as the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art… i will be more than happy !

Lens Construction: 13 Elements in 8 Groups (five more elements than in the 50 f/1.4 EX) with 3 SLD elements, 1 aspherical glass and a floating focus system
Minimum Focusing Distance: 40cm / 15.7 in (vs 45 cm, which is the MFD of most 50mm non-macro DSLR lenses)
Maximum Magnification: 1:5.6 (vs 1:7.4)

Dimensions: (Diameter x Length) 85.4 x 99.9 mm / 3.4 x 3.9 in (vs 83.8 x 68.6 mm / 3.3 x 2.7 in, a significant length increase to fit the 13 elements)

Weight: 470g / 16.6oz

Price: ?

jduncan

if it's good as the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art… i will be more than happy !

Lens Construction: 13 Elements in 8 Groups (five more elements than in the 50 f/1.4 EX) with 3 SLD elements, 1 aspherical glass and a floating focus system
Minimum Focusing Distance: 40cm / 15.7 in (vs 45 cm, which is the MFD of most 50mm non-macro DSLR lenses)
Maximum Magnification: 1:5.6 (vs 1:7.4)

Dimensions: (Diameter x Length) 85.4 x 99.9 mm / 3.4 x 3.9 in (vs 83.8 x 68.6 mm / 3.3 x 2.7 in, a significant length increase to fit the 13 elements)

Weight: 470g / 16.6oz

Price: ?
I hope it crushes the Nikon, looks aside. I will love to have a 50mm capable of dancing with the Current high resolution Nikons and the ones to come.

There is more than resolution, of course, from distortion to bokeh and contrast.

The sigma 50mm is already good. This is getting interesting.

I hope Nikon reacts, but for the moment the more pressure they feel the better.

Best regards,
J. Duncan

whereisthelight

I have been delighted with the 35mm f1.4 "art" it is my favorite lens { on D800 } only small grumble is its size but well worth it for the results.And speaking as a Scotsman great value :)