The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Scouting the Yosemite Workshop

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Something from this afternoon using the Nikon 58mm 1.4.at 1.4

-bob

Last edited:

scatesmd

Workshop Member
Hi Bob,

What are the conditions there now? Are the falls flowing?

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday,

Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Some alternate location shots, playing around with my 17-35 Nikkor zoom on the D800E in Hornitos, CA:

St Catherine's Chapel, 19mm at f5.6, processed as-shot in C1:

Fencepost tensioner detail at 35mm f2.8, little extra vignette added in C1:

St Catherine's, 17mm f5.6, B&W split-tone wm-cool conversion in C1:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Hornitos

Old Shack

17-35 nikkor.
-bob

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is Guy taking a "before" shot of our new classroom facility -- 17-35 at 25mm f5.6 (This image is laser sharp, but is also one that looks soft on a Retina display):

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Remnants from the Rim fire that devastated several hundred square miles of forest in California last Summer. Taken with the D800E and 28/1.4 at 5.6, handheld, processed in C1:

The next two were taken with the D800E and Lomography Petzval lens (85mm) with the f2.8 waterstop. Converted to B&W sepia with C1:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
The instructors sipping sarsaparillas in nearby Columbia. All taken with the 28/1,4 on the D800E:

Having fun with processing, a period style Chinese apothecary shop:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Good eye Stephen! Guy is actually taking a pic of the cash register with the 50/1.2 Nikkor wide open on his A7r -- I'm hoping he'll process and post it soon.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My eye was on there cash. LOL

Shot with Jacks Nikon 50mm 1.2 AIS wide open which I am really liking a lot shot on the Sony A7r

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Hi Graham,

Been keeping my eyes out for a Land Rover overloaded with photographers and camera gear but have yet to see it :D

Seriously, keep an eye out for us, we're a group -- and since it's been a while since you've seen us, I'm still tallish but now more silver haired, and still driving a silver Touareg :ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just got in to Yosemite lodge this evening. I was somewhat chastened by the trip along 120 through the fire route. Some lucky home and business owners east of Groveland!

Watch out for an overloaded silver Land Rover :D

D&A

Well I'm sure Graham's silver Land Rover beats my sort of slightly beat up old and worn AA yellow Disco. As for it being loaded to the gills with photo equipment, no doubt Graham wins by a landslide..no contest..LOL! Of course we'll never know unless I get in my car and immediately start driving 3000 miles. Would love though to join you all. Sound like it's going to be good times.

Dave (D&A)