The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hawaii's Comic Con

Milk Short Feature Writeup.
Kawaii Kon Gallery.

A little over a week ago I went to my first ever comic con - called Kawaii Kon in Hawaii. I was shooting for Milk Made in New York. My setup was pretty simple and straight forward. A Nikon 14-24 on a D4 and 58/1.4 on a Df. I also had the 85 which I used a few times. If needed I had my tried and true Sb-800. The 14-24 balanced well on the D4 and the 58 is a perfect match with the Df. Carried the D4 around my shoulder and Df easily accessible in a camera bag.

Instead of the typical comic con photos I tried to turn each encounter into a mini photoshoot. Fortunately most everyone was cooperative. Milk preferred a desaturated gritty look so I obliged.

A couple of links above. First is a brief write up and about ten images featured in Milk. Obviously, they preferred the wide angle shots. The second is my gallery with a bit more variety.

Now trying to decide if i should attend New York Comic Con in October.

Last edited:

ohnri

Nicely done.

The 58 f/1.4 has a special look.

I wonder how the new Sigma will compare ...

-Bill

ohnri

I agree. The Sigma will probably be sharper and better on DXO test scores.

But, will you replace your 58mm f/1.4 with it? Will it tempt you?

Just wondering since you make such good use of the Nikon lens.

-Bill