The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Potential Fun with Nikon 1 V3

raist3d

Joe,

Do you have the F2.8 1 system prime lens? (the 28mm equiv one) - is that lens any good? Seems like it may not be good. What I want to know is how you feel about getting rid of the GR and getting that lens instead (I am no thinking about you doing that but about me doing that).

The Ricoh GR is just too perfect. If the 28mm is reasonably good then maybe that can work. I wish it was also F1.8 on the 1.

- Ricardo

raist3d

Thank for posting that 28mm shot. I am generally concerned about overall sharpness but I need to realize that it will definitively not match the Ricoh GR, and either I accept that or I don't and keep the GR (but if I keep the GR I really sort of don't want to keep the V3).

I really don't want multiple cameras anymore. It's distracting to my photography. Or at least only have two systems with one that I barely use but only in very special delineated concrete ocassions.

- Ricardo

Joe,

Do you have the F2.8 1 system prime lens? (the 28mm equiv one) - is that lens any good? Seems like it may not be good. What I want to know is how you feel about getting rid of the GR and getting that lens instead (I am no thinking about you doing that but about me doing that).

The Ricoh GR is just too perfect. If the 28mm is reasonably good then maybe that can work. I wish it was also F1.8 on the 1.

- Ricardo
I do have the 10/2.8 (kit lens) but I rarely use it. I primarily use the V1 for reach 32/1.2, 30-110 and 300/4 AFS with Ft-1 adapter. When I shoot wide I prefer more pixels for detail and to crop so I see no benefit of V1 over GR. However, if the V3 is enough of an improvement over the V1 than perhaps a different story. Agree, if Nikon's 28 was f/1.8, I would purchase immediately. Thanks again Ricardo.