The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D800/e focusing screens

aztwang

Can someone give me accurate info on focusing screens for the D800/e. I have read they are available and again the contrary. I would like to find a focusing screen that is more applicable to MF lens's.
Thanks..Don

gurtch

I am also interested in this. I just spent months looking for a split image screen for my Pentax 645D. The only ones available are from the film era Pentax 645 N series cameras. I finally found a used one. Because six of my eight Pentax lenses are manual focus, the new (old, used, actually) screen is wonderful to a 77 year old senior, with old eyes. Split Image finders are absolutely great for MF lenses!
I can see why camera makers do NOT make these screens, as it might encourage buyers to purchase older, used MF lenses, which I love.
Dave in NJ

mmbma

i've been reading up but there seemed to be many confusing/conflicting reports. Many focusing screens screw with D800/e 's metering since the camera meters through the mirror.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
From what I can tell the D800 meter is mounted in the prism and meters off the screen. So replacing it without a suitable firmware update to compensate will likely cause serious metering problems...