The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ultra wide angle shift lens options for Nikon D800

NoBob

The only thing that's keeping me from moving to Nikon is Canon's 17mm shift lens (necessary for my work).

Has anyone used a shift adaptor plus lens combination that gives comparable results on a Nikon D800?

Thanks.

mbroomfield

This was one of my frustrations and why I kept my 1ds3 body when I got the D800. I use an A7R now so I've been able to use the 17 TSE with an adapter.

You'd need the coverage of a medium format lens to use with a T/S adapter and so far as I know there are none that wide (17mm).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If/when I need the 17 shift, I will buy it, an A7R and an adapter. In fact, while I'm not a huge fan of the A7 platform for general use, it does seem almost ideal for TS lenses -- so if I used my TS lenses a lot, I'd buy the A7R, the adapter and the Canon TSE lenses, and sell off my Nikon TS lenses.