The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tethering Options Nikon D810

Patrick Collard

I am looking for Tethering Options for the Nikon D810. I want to be able to shoot images and send them to a Macbook Pro via USB. I am used to the Canon EOS Utility software and use it weekly in the studio. It would be nice to use live view from the computer as well like the Canon software. Does anyone have thoughts on doing this with the Nikon?

tashley

Subscriber Member
Patrick, it should work fine Capture One but might need for and updated version. From memory, Nikon NX2 does tethering but I really liked the C1 way of doing it. I once described how to do it somewhere, type Tim Ashley and D800 Tethering into Google and you'll probably find it. I used the iPad App Capture Pilot, from Phase One, with Capture One as a camera control and it was brilliant.

I am not sure if NXD, which is in Beta, does tethering: there seems to be no information available and the manual doesn't mention it at all...

If I get a chance to experiment with my copy I will let you know..

Patrick Collard

I found your post on the tethering and will give it a try. I did order a longer cable today from Tether Tools because the Nikon cable is a bit to short for studio work. Hopefully it will work for the limited needs I have with the D810. Thanks for your reply.

Patrick

Paul2660

C1 current doesn't support the D810, looking like the next version that will will be 8.x as I am hearing it's in beta out there.

LR has no support either, but the RC of ACR does. Won't help on tethering.

You also might try to newer Nikon NX-D software, it's free to download from the main Nikon site.

Paul

Hkgmatt

If your Macbook runs Windows, you can give digiCamControl a try. It works with my D810, but I have not tested it extensively.