The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the D810

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My son shows you all why Bob and I got so many similar images from our D810's on the Moab workshop:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Of course there is the other retort about why the hell you can't find the missing workshop member (ok, I admit it, normally Graham) when you're all done shooting because he wants to shoot something different! :poke:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
It's not that at all Graham. When you go missing we're just concerned you may've followed some of your gear off a cliff! ;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
;) :thumbs: true and I appeciate it. The GF didn't appreciate this selfie as an example :D

(If you've never been to Toroweap that's 3000ft 1ft behind me.)

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

Its interesting to compare the D810 and the Sony A7r. Both are triumphs of technology, but to me, only the D810 feels and operates like a "real" camera. I probably use the A7r a lot more, but wish it handled and felt more like a small D810.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I prefer the D810 by a fairly significant margin. AF, actual GG view, ergos, control layout and usability. I view the Sony as a good sensor I can adapt just about any lens to, and it doesn't take up much space in my bag.

Quentin_Bargate

And a tad more moody. These shots were all part of a shoot this morning for a project Alex is working on. D810, Sigma 85mm F1.4, shot outside, so I have left in a hint of the background.

Swissblad

Nice photos Quentin - you can be proud of your son!

On another note…. my local camera store… made me an offer on a D810 I couldn't refuse….$150 rebate on an already ridiculously low sale price…. so look forward to joining this thread ;)

Quentin_Bargate

Nice photos Quentin - you can be proud of your son!

On another note…. my local camera store… made me an offer on a D810 I couldn't refuse….$150 rebate on an already ridiculously low sale price…. so look forward to joining this thread ;)
Well it is a very good camera - and after having not used it for a few weeks, when I did so to take some shots my son had requested, I realised just how well it handles, even with MB-D12 battery pack that I had attached. I had my Hassy nearby but its a brick in comparison to the D810.

Looking forward to your first shots!

D

Deleted member 7792

Suburban wildlife, photographed in late January literally in our backyard.

Joe

Swissblad

1st outing with our brand new D810 - photographing Bearded Vultures on the Gemmi Pass….

And one of the last photos with this body before I accidentally dropped it, snapping off the lens mount….. think I need another drink!!!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) And one of the last photos with this body before I accidentally dropped it, snapping off the lens mount….. think I need another drink!!!

Oh man, I feel your pain, I can nearly hear the sound :shocked:

How bad was the damage ?

Last edited:

Swissblad

Hi Steen,
Thanks for your query.... I discussed it with my dealer and we'll send it to Nikon on Monday.
Here's hoping....
Cheers and have a good WE
S ;)

Swissblad

Not taken with a D801, but a D4 (not mine).... but to give an impression of why we undertook an 8 hour round trip to view these magnificent birds with their 2.8m wingspan.... awe inspiring!