The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Df - current user consensus?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Hmm - this Df grip reminds me of the Grip for the Fuji XT1 - which I need to be able to comfortably hold this camera in my hands.

The Df is already as comfortable in my hands as it is - same as the XT1 with grip - so I doubt the Df grip would add any benefit for me ;)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Interestingly, I find the grip of the Df fine -- while totally different than the D810, it still works in my hands -- and what's a bit puzzling given the differences, is how the controls all still seem to fall where you expect them to be.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Sigh ... If only they'd made it with an arca mount in the base like the Fuji it might of been worth trying as a cleaner set up than the RRS plate on the Df.

I too have no real issues with the DF grip although it does miss one of THE best features of Nikon bodies which is that finger tip ridge on the inside of the grip. I find that so comfortable that you can hold even a D3s and large lens just by the tips of your fingers in that ridge.