The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Saw a video

rayyan

early this morn. The guy went on and on about social media, Facebook, Instagram, and the cam linked to his iPhone and wifi and video and how the small cam was could do this and that. And of course, it could make movies/videos and one could send it to a million people around the world just by tapping some buttons. And yes, it can almost see in the dark.

Lovely. I have no issue with all of that whatsoever.

But, and here is the rub folks, for me. I am an old fart. I am unsociable. I have thousands of acquaintances, but very few friends. I don't need no social media. We meet each other in person very often. My iPhone has a very very few numbers. Others are blocked.

I don't make or ever want to make videos/movies or talkies. I just go to see movies. The talkies, if you will.

I do not want to send pictures instantly all around the world. I do not want someone or something controlling my cam. I want to do it myself. And I remember my first camera..

rayyan

Now where must I have put my old camera? Memory isn't what it used to be.

But here, this looks vaguely familiar. Just like old friends...

Just the thing for an old foggy like me. They say, it too can see pretty good in the dark:D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on the Nikon Df. But you can send stuff from it around the world pretty easily -- in fact you just did in this post :ROTFL: -- but admittedly, it isn't sent instantly or automatically :D

rayyan

Thanks a lot Jack. I am more at home with old friends, and am too old to make new ones. They know me and I know them.:grin:

Thank you again and take care.

Congrats on the Nikon Df. But you can send stuff from it around the world pretty easily -- in fact you just did in this post :ROTFL: -- but admittedly, it isn't sent instantly or automatically :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hopefully Canikon can survive on old farts like us, Rayyan. I'm a millipede with with one foot in each camp, but I would hate if there were no good, old camera companies who make good, old cameras anymore.

Nice Df. I want one too, but that will have to wait. The Nikons I have still work fine :)

rayyan

Thanks a lot guys.:salute:

A compromise between all bells and whistles, and the type and process of the kind of photography I do. Enough..more than enough for me to indulge in my hobby. Top of the line Nikon sensor, lightest, smallest Nikon full frame, super image quality, fast enough for me focussing, an optimum trade off for me between res and mp.

Above all, and unashamedly, something harking back to me early days in photography. I have been paying for Leica, this half the price of a M lens and relatively a far ' modern ' technology.

And I do not need to buy any lenses. And not worry about all the various competing systems out there.

Best regard to you all.

D

Deleted member 7792

I am an old fart. I am unsociable. I have thousands of acquaintances, but very few friends. I don't need no social media. We meet each other in person very often. My iPhone has a very very few numbers. Others are blocked.

I don't make or ever want to make videos/movies or talkies. I just go to see movies. The talkies, if you will.

I do not want to send pictures instantly all around the world. I do not want someone or something controlling my cam. I want to do it myself.
My sentiments exactly. My wife calls me a curmudgeon. She may be right.

And I remember my first camera.
Me too. The consumables are all consumed.

Joe

rayyan

Hi Joe. How you Keeping?

Mean machine you got there pal!!:D

My earliest was actually a baby Brownie. I think it was all plastic. Wonderful days I had with it. Good old days. Old days anyway.

My first shot with the new toy. In camera jpg, mono. Just cropped and resized.

Let's call it ' the coming of Autumn ' in my little garden!!

P&S. That's want I want.

rayyan

I had to get up early...1500 hrs, to catch this light!!:grin:

I am just playing around with the 50/1.4 G..

Horror of horrors, needed a bit of focus tune ( the cam that is. Mine is later in the hosp. ) Tired after that work. Back to sleep.