The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 58/1.4

rayyan

Any users, experiences, opinions?

Seems nice, if one gets the focus sorted, I read.

Regards.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
There is also this thread where it's discussed against the Sigma 50 ART: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/nikon/51691-sigma-50mm-f1-4-dg-hsm-vs-nikon-58mm-1-4-opne-get.html

And my summary comment from that thread with what I think is the relevant purpose of the 58/1.4:
"The new Sigma 50 ART lens is a winner for a fast 50, period. But the Nikkor is a 58... Those extra 8mm may not sound like much, but they make a world of difference if you're a portrait shooter instead of a street shooter; the difference between ever so slightly slightly bulbous noses and flatter pert noses on a typical head-shot."

That said, I am thinking about adding the 58 to my arsenal just to have it as an alternative...