The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I agree that not all old lenses shine on new digital cameras, but some do, and the 28/2.0 and 105/1.8 AiS are among them. I'm particularly impressed with the 28mm. I had never expected an old WA lens to be able to resolve like this and have such a great rendering. No need for the nice new AF-S lens for me :)

D810 with Nikkor 28mm f/2.0 AiS @ f/5.6

Yes, it was my lunch today. Others take photos of their lunches with their iPhones, so I can do it with a D810, right? :)

And one with the longer lens:

D810 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AiS @ f/4

I do see that I'll have to revise my sharpening and curves treatments with this camera. It's easy to overdo it, and with so much detail to play around with, it can easily look "trashy".

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I did do a check of what kind of prices one has to pay for good, used AiS glass nowadays. Some of the "nice" alternatives are very reasonable, and lenses like the 50/1.4, 85/2.0 and 135/2.8 all go for $150-300.

I think I have a new hobby :D

rayyan

Since non-Nikkor lenses were not excluded; here is one from the archives...

D700 + ZF 35/2

What a camera!! What a lens!! What a combination!!

rayyan

Love this thread. Thanks Jorgen.
Thanks guys for the ' likes '.

Assortment of images from the archives posted from years ago and recently.
Form across the world and with various manual lenses and my D700.

zf 50/2 Makro Planar

zf 50/1.4 Planar

zf 50/1.4 Planar

zf 35/2 Distagon

zf 100/2 Makro Planar

zf 35/2 Distagon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The annual Christmas party at the office last night. 180 male blue collar workers and a bunch of singers and dancers. All good fun :D

D700 with 28mm f/2.0 AiS @ f/5.6

rayyan

Thank you folks. Very kind of you all.

Two different situations in different places..
D700; zf 35/2

rayyan

Thanks Jorgen :D

One more from when I could carry and hold them....the cam and lens combo that is.

D700; zf 50/2 Makro Planar.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This lens was created for this camera. Must have been :lecture:

D810 with 105mm f/1.8 AiS @ f/2.8

Ummm... has anybody noticed how girls' priorities change with age... and how fast they change?