The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Digital Nikon with manual lenses

Swissblad

Ditto - really nice set of images, Jorgen - especially the last portrait and the boys playing.

It takes more than a good lens :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ditto - really nice set of images, Jorgen - especially the last portrait and the boys playing.

It takes more than a good lens :)
Thank you.

Ok then, I do work hard to get these photos, and a local friend who followed me around told me this morning that he was a bit worried for me when I walked into some of the areas where these are taken. But the smiles I find in areas of poverty and areas of conflict have such great value, and they tell me that there's hope, a tiny little drop of hope, somewhere behind the complicated facade.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I don't need more than this.

I've come to the conclusion that I can sell all cameras except the D810 (and the F6). Like the OM-1 that I used from 1974 to 2005, this camera does everything I need a camera to do, and probably a lot more, so why bother with a lot of stuff that I don't need?

Here's a photo that I took at my mother's 80 years birthday celebration a few weeks ago at a forest cabin in rural Norway (my mother in the middle, my sister to the right). The only light was from the small windows and some even smaller lamps. WB was set to Auto. No PP. Again, I don't need more than this.

D810 with Zeiss 21mm ZF.2 f/2.8 @ f/2.8 and ISO 3200

Swissblad

I don't need more than this.

I've come to the conclusion that I can sell all cameras except the D810 (and the F6). Like the OM-1 that I used from 1974 to 2005, this camera does everything I need a camera to do, and probably a lot more, so why bother with a lot of stuff that I don't need?
Lovely image, Jorgen - it shows that you feel very comfortable with the D810.

Strange - there are bodies one just becomes in tune with….in my case the F90x… the FM3A…. then the D700…. still haven't found my new Nikon nirvana yet….OTOH the Fuji XT-1 is getting more than her fair share of pix.

Keep on clicking…..;)

Godfrey

Like the last few photos you posted quite a lot, Jorgen. :)

I don't have a digital Nikon body, but I'm enjoying the F6 quite a lot. I just added the Nikon 180/2.8 ED-IF AF to my equipment closet.. fourth time I've bought a Nikon 180/2.8, first time one that incorporated AF. I think that's going to be it - lens choices from 18mm to 180mm is already a bit more than I usually want or need. Now maybe, some day, I'll add a Nikon DSLR body.

G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Godfrey. At the moment, I'm extremely satisfied with what I can get out of the D810, particularly after I started shooting using the "flat" picture profile, which gives files similar to what I used to get from my old Fuji cameras; subdued colours that I can shape as I will, and tons of DR. Good lenses help too, and rumours have it that a 180mm f/2.8 AF is waiting for me in Bangkok :)

D810 with 105mm f/1.8 AiS @ f/5.6