The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which body...

viablex1

Simple question for the Nikon users out there.

When I finally looked at a Df in the flesh, I was underwhelmed. Too many knobs, dials, switches, buttons ... glitz. I'm more interested in a Nikon D750 body, which seems to have simpler and more sensible control layout.

My basic question is this:

I have these lenses ...
Nikkor 18mm f/3.5 AI-S
Nikkor 28mm f/2 AI
Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AI-S
Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 PreAI
Nikkor-H 85mm f/1.8
Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AI-S​
... that I like a lot. I use them with the Nikon F or Sony A7 at present.

Would they work well on the D750? ...on the Df? Which body would suit them better? Would the Nikon D body do better with them than the Sony A7?

Because that would be my entire motivation to buy a Nikon body, to use these lenses to best advantage.

Thanks for your insights!

G
I felt the same way once I got it, but after monkeying around with it, I have gotten used to it, the camera is pretty cool and that sensor, man o man, that is why you want it. I sold my D800e , I am not focus stacking every wretched image etc. obviously you dont have to do that but man it shows up the defects in lenses

Matto

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Oh... your list of lenses. The only one I have of those is the 28mm f/2.0 and it's stellar on the D810, at least my copy is, so it should work equally well on the other Nikon FX bodies as well. The 50mm f/1.2 seems like a no-brainer and the Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 likewise.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
All I can say to the Df nay sayers is that you need to shoot it for a period of time. The more I use mine the more I appreciate it's features and capabilities. You can customize the settings so that the controls are no more onerous than a D810/D750 etc.

These days I only own two Nikon bodies - Df and F6. I guess that puts me in the luddite category. My best Nikon high resolution body these days is ... my Sony A7r/A7s/A7ii with an adapter. :eek: