The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Nikon Df

Swissblad

Graham, I really like what you are doing with the old 20mm in this combination….. perhaps I should get a Df as well……;)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks - I always like to remind myself that NEW isn't always BETTER just as image quality perfection can be overrated. I also still have my Zeiss Zf 21/2.8 which would technically been better overall but since it and the other Zeiss lenses I have feel like they're made from depleted Uranium, I prefer to travel with and use the smaller, much lighter AIS lenses on the Df.

I do think that the 20/2.8 copy I have is a real gem too. Very impressive results on the Df. I'm sure that the same lens on a D810 would drive me to distraction with the required CA clean up and higher resolution rendering. I use Piccure+ which I really really like for lens correction and sharpening - I disable all sharpening in C1. If you want to give your computer a workout, try Piccure+ as it does a heck of a lot of processing (start it and go grab a cup of coffee) but fixes up everything with these types of lenses with the exception of geometric distortions - that you still need to handle in C1 or PS.

Download lens correction software

routlaw

Haven't posted here in a long while and never on the Df thread. But this is one from a trip back in Mar. Bellingrath Gardens, AL near Mobile Bay.

Thanks.

Zeiss 21 mm ZF2

Last edited:

rdubois

I've been experimenting for a while with DXO and have got to say that it converts the Df files beautifully and produces great skin tones. These images did the round trip via LR (a nightmare of bugs and if you've not updated to LR6 CC yet I'd leave it for a while). The conversion to B&W works better I think after the DXO processing.