The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera System with 10-30mm Lens

themechanic

This is not a camera for a newbie, or somebody that spends most of the time in full auto mode. Think of this as a camera for somebody that would rather have a DSLR and a dozen lenses but doesn't want to lug all that gear around. I actually freaked out when I realized that I could have had a Nikon D3100 and the 18-55 kit lens for $150 less, but in reality this is the form factor that I needed, I don't like hauling around a big camera.

Also, keep in mind your color choice if you would rather blend into the background when taking pictures because the white camera attracts a lot of attention (I imagine this is going to be 10 times worse if it is the pink one). I doubt anyone will blink twice at the silver or black versions.