The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

grey market Nikon camera/lens repaired by any service centers?

haring

Have you ever sent grey market Nikon camera/lens to be repaired by any non Nikon service centers?

I know the disadvantages of having/buying a grey market Nikon lens/camera. Nikon doesn't offer any repairs or technical support. My question: DOES Nikon supply parts to non-Nikon authorized repair centers? I have heard that lot of grey market Nikon owners use nikoncamerarepair.com for repair. Have you used them? nikoncamerarepair.com does repair grey market lenses but I am wondering whether Nikon supplies them the required original Nikon parts?

I am planning to buy a lens. The price difference is $500 between the grey and the authorized lens.

Thanks so much!

Leigh

My question: DOES Nikon supply parts to non-Nikon authorized repair centers?
No. Not under any circumstances.

They announced that maybe a year or more ago.

I used to service Nikon and Hasselblad, but have retired from doing so.

- Leigh