if anybody is interested:
I have both lenses at home at the moment and posted some unscientific comparisons here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/111665...7651570028948/
My findings so far:
- In some images the Sigma has a little more pop (however I would say in 80% the Nikon delivers very sharp/popping images as well)
- In some images I think the Nikon shows slightly smoother bokeh and a little more "character"(whatever this means)
- Handling of the Nikon (weight/size balance, reach of focus ring) I prefer slightly the Nikon on the Nikon df at least; I would feel more confident to abuse the Nikon vs the Sigma, but thats just a feeling
-The Nikon 35mm is also very similar to the 58/1.4 G in handling; I asume those 2 go together very well (The Sigma focus ring turns the other direction and is positioned further away from the camera.
- In some images with strong contrast borders the Nikon can show some CA, the Sigma is better in this regard
- The Sigma is a little wider focal length than the Nikon
- I had few images wich were focused not accurate, slightly more often with the Nikon than with the Sigma.
I can still choose between the 2 but have not made up my mind yet.