The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Off camera flash control options?

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I've bought a Nissin Di700A for mu D750 and I was wondering what are my options for off camera flash control. I know pocket wizard is supposed to be the best, but these days I've been reading a lot of other good reviews regarding other not so expensive alternatives...of course they have to be compatible with my Nissin :)

ccroft

I've been using RadioPopper Jr for about 5 years for full manual control of up to 4 groups of Nikon & now Einstein. The newer Jr2 is a very nice upgrade from the older one.

Never let me down & I've never been tempted to jump to a different system. RadioPopper has other options for TTL auto control, but I'm all manual all the time. They also have simple dumb triggers.

I can't say for sure your Nissan is compatible, but if it's a TTL Nikon compatible flash and it's new it probably is. The Jr system uses the TTL capability of the flash to control output manually.

Here's one of the best resources on the web for this type of thing:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/