The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Sigma 24-35mm f2.0 ART zoom

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interestingly, one of the most loved WA zooms for the DX format is the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. I've never owned it, since I went to m4/3 around the time it was launched, but this one is obviously comparable, although much faster, relative to the sensor size it's designed for, and not as wide.

21-28mm would probably have been more useful for me, or at least closer to what I'm used to, but it does cover two primes, without being much larger than either, and it does save a lot of lens changes. If I was going to make an ultra efficient AF setup for travel, this lens and a 70-200 f/4 would probably cover most bases. I would carry a 50mm prime as well though. Add a 15 or 18mm when it's needed, and it's complete.

iiiNelson

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think this may be a great lens if it performs up to the standards of the other Sigma Art lenses. I believe that a 21-35/2 would be more desirable but harder to correct for.

jlancasterd

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think this may be a great lens if it performs up to the standards of the other Sigma Art lenses. I believe that a 21-35/2 would be more desirable but harder to correct for.
Maybe they'll do an 18-24 next…

Jolly

I would have preffered a 28-50mm f2 or even a 24-40mm f2 instead. They say this lens is supposed to be what the 18-35mm f1.8 is for APS-C sensors, but it's not the same.
24 or 36 megapixels cameras and this lens .... means that Sigma gave us a 24-....35...40...50 just with some crop.

I welcome this new 24mm-almost 45mm F/2.0 :) :)

Imagine this lens with a 36mpixel and up camera ...
just matter of time