The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hanoi, Friday 13 February 2009

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I went out in the streets of Hanoi at five o clock... that was Friday morning. Now it's four o clock Saturday morning, in Bangkok. I should get a life, right? Or at least some sleep :sleep006:

I don't really know where to start, but here are a few that caught my attention.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/2.8

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/3.5

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5

s5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/5.6

s5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

viablex1

what in gods name are you doing to get such great color contrast etc, excellent, excellent as usual!!!

woodyspedden

If you can't find great images in the Orient then you have some serious issues. Jorday does a spectacular job and deserves all those well earned kudos that flow his way.

It is so great to go out early in the morning and find the cooking stalls filled with those beginning to prepare breakfast for those mortals amongst us! Just love it! Beautiful prawns with heavy smoke hovering over top makes you so hungry even before a real tasting! So all you need do is get a beautiful image of such a delight, process it and then stare at it until you are utterly famished!

Now that is advertising!

Cheers to all

Woody

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. The S5 is a perfect camera for the light and colours in places like Hanoi, but it requires perfect glass. Only wish it had in-body IS, and now and then more detail.

Here's the view from the hotel room.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/4.0

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 42mm and f/3.5

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And some night shots.

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

S5 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 17mm and f/2.8

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
No surprises here, great work as usual Jorgen!
Thanks David. The S5 really shines under circumstance like these. Non of the photos I've posted here have more than two minutes of pp, most of them much less, including conversion from RAW.

I wish Nikon could come up with some new primes though. A compact 85mm f/2.0 VR would be perfect, if it's sharp wide open. And a 24mm f/1.4 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
O

Oxide Blu

Hey, that last red scooter there -- are you stalking 'Femme Hanoise' ??? :)

Wonderful images!!! Thanks for sharing them.

D

ddk

Thanks David. The S5 really shines under circumstance like these. Non of the photos I've posted here have more than two minutes of pp, most of them much less, including conversion from RAW.

I wish Nikon could come up with some new primes though. A compact 85mm f/2.0 VR would be perfect, if it's sharp wide open. And a 24mm f/1.4 :rolleyes:
You ought to try a couple of the Zeiss ZF lenses with your Fuji, you'll be very surprised with quality. MF isn't that difficult on the S5 with a finder magnifier.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
You ought to try a couple of the Zeiss ZF lenses with your Fuji, you'll be very surprised with quality. MF isn't that difficult on the S5 with a finder magnifier.
I don't worry about MF. I do worry about the prices though. The 100mm would be first on my priority list, but it's also the most expensive one, and the Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS is no slouch either (nor is the 105mm f/2.0 AF), for a more reasonable price... if I can find one here in the land of smiles :)

How is the Zeiss 28mm f/2.0?

routlaw

Very nice collection of new photographs Jorgan! The birds eye view from hotel room and night images add much to the story.

Rob

Scott G

WOW!
These are absolutely spectacular.

But I thought "street" photos had to be black and white and taken with a 28mm lens:banghead:

Honestly, I am trying to find my way with photography in general, and street photos in particular. These have totally inspired me, thank you!

D

ddk

I don't worry about MF. I do worry about the prices though. The 100mm would be first on my priority list, but it's also the most expensive one, and the Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS is no slouch either (nor is the 105mm f/2.0 AF), for a more reasonable price... if I can find one here in the land of smiles :)

How is the Zeiss 28mm f/2.0?
Its a great lens, I really like it for people shooting, has a wonderful rendering which makes it more fun imo than the 35mm which has less character.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
WOW!
But I thought "street" photos had to be black and white and taken with a 28mm lens:banghead:
Of course, and they should be out of focus as well. That's why I asked David about the manual focus 28 :D

Thank you all. It's a great inspiration to be on this forum, with lots of feedback and great photos from all :)