The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leaked pics of new Nikkor glass

Swissblad

At 2300g the new 200-500mm zoom is no light weight - see table at NR.

MTF charts look very promising, however..... and the price is very tempting.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
For that MTF at that price, I'm already in regardless of weight.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The 200-500 also has the advantage vs. Sigma and Tamron that it will AF with a 1.4x TC at all focal lengths. That's 1050mm eqv. with a D7200 :bugeyes:

BlinkingEye

For that MTF at that price, I'm already in regardless of weight.
Yep.

To Swissblad, the weight is comparable to and a direct competitor to the Tamron and Sigma, consumer supertelezoom offerings.

I will wait on reports to see if it has snappy AF, which I don't expect due to the comsumerish build. I would have been willing to pay more for snappier AF. We will see. I will wait.

The constant aperture certainly got my attention.

dwood

I'm heading out on a trip on the 29th and was hoping to rent the 24-70 for some testing. LensRentals tells me that it will be cutting it close. Either way, I'm gonna rent this thing and give it a go before I pull the trigger on a 24-70, which I need. If this lens performs a cut above the Tammy 24-70, I may have to borrow a ski mask from Guy. :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I remain curious -- albeit intently so -- on how the new 24-70 will perform too. The big nit for me is size and weight, but then it is smaller than my 24, 35 and 50 ARTs combined :ROTFL:

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
At 2300g the new 200-500mm zoom is no light weight - see table at NR.

MTF charts look very promising, however..... and the price is very tempting.
Holy crap, those are some nice MTF curves for a $1400 lens. I'm SO in on this one! It's *just* what I want!

95mm filters. I assume there's no rear slot... A 95mm Kaesemann pola - $285 for a B+W one at B&H. Yikes. :bugeyes: