The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Life :Leica R lens on Nikon D3

Lloyd

Please don't take this as any disrespect Leica77, but aren't you losing any benefit of shooting with the Leica lenses by using a Nikon teleconverter? Teleconverters in general degrade performance a lot unless they were specifically matched to a lens, and by putting a Nikon TC in front of a Leica lens, it is one of those "weakest link in the chain" things. It is very cool that it can turn a manual focus Leica lens into an AF one, but I would bet that a Nikon lens in the resulting focal length would be better than the Leica one after tele-conversion.
For example, that 19mm and 1.6 TC turns into a 30mm f/4.8...I bet Nikon's 28 and 35mm lenses are significantly better...
Killjoy:ROTFL:

Stuart Richardson

Hahaha, I feel like I have been raining on people's parades recently....I have not had as many photos to post since I am busy, and I have mostly been responding with critiques and so on. I still think the TC is a very cool thing, but I guess it is maybe not as practical as just using a Nikon lens. But if you don't have a Nikon lens in that focal length, I can see how it would be very useful. And of course better than just using a regular non-af TC!