The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

the old Ziess 135 really is an OTUS !

trioderob

I think I heard some Zeiss guy state in an interview that if the 135mm had been launched after the current Oti, it could well have become one of them.... or something like that.
it came from one of the chief engineers at Zeiss - who was explaining when asked why the 135 is so good- that it was the companies first attempt to make a super lens because digital users were more picky about color fringing with digital. he indicated it was the prototype "OTUS"

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've also noticed that this lens hasn't been replaced by a Milvus. Maybe it's time to buy it before they replace it with one called Otus, with an Otus price tag... :rolleyes:

trioderob

I've also noticed that this lens hasn't been replaced by a Milvus. Maybe it's time to buy it before they replace it with one called Otus, with an Otus price tag... :rolleyes:
anyone hear something about Sigma using OTUS technology in the ART series ????

(by paying to use the lens design)

robmac

In Canada it's oddly noted as 'clearance' and on sale with some large retailers. So under suspicion it's may be killed and re-launched w/ an Otus moniker, I re-acquired one. Gorgeous glass.

And lots of other lenses were secretly Milvus's apparently, no redesign. I would love to spend some time with that 135, however on a Nikon I could hardly focus it. I probably would do better with it on my A7II. Still, I personally am hoping to see a Sigma 135/1.8 with OS for Nikon. Or 1.4 why the hell not? :) Sadly the Sigmalux line is more realistic for my budget than the Milvus or Otus lenses.