The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon DL 18-50 - 18mm - 50mm

Tim

I am not sure if this belongs here in the Nikon forum or small sensors, depends on your viewpoint I guess, but this little camera breaks some new ground.

Nikon DL 18-50 | Premium Compact Camera w/ 1" CMOS Sensor, 4K & More

So 1" sensor and an 18mm - 50mm in 35mm film equivalent terms.
So superwide 18mm in a compact. It has me interested.
I was never super keen on the RX100 IQ but will check this one out with interest to see if the edges can hold up.

ggibson

Definitely interested to see what the performance is like. Wow, 18mm in a compact is very cool. And quite a fast aperture range too! They must be doing some serious in-software lens correction for the distortion.

It's not RX100-small, though, which fits in a jeans pocket. It's really closer in size to the LX100. Impressively small anyways.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very interesting camera and if it's great at the wide end, it would be a nice complement to the D810 plus 24-120mm that I usually carry around. The only thing missing seems to be the option to plug in an external mic for video.

Lars

I'd say it's conceptually a great complement to on-location shooting with a DSLR, especially when shooting action/sports like Jorgen does.