The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which 2x teleconverter ...

P

photomatt8

I just bought a Tamron 2x and I use it on my Nikkor 80-200 2.8D

Works very nicely and I was surprised by the sharpness. I was fully prepared to be disappointed by loss of sharpness, but I'm happy!

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
I have and have used Kenko 1.4x but am looking into needing more then my 80-200 with 1.4x can do or my 70-300VR can do without TC. I do not need this often but wonder for those times that I do, if a 2x would work with the 80-200/2.8 afd. Or need to wait until a new 80-400VR is released...guess that is another option :)

woodyspedden

Don

Having used a number of Teleconverters, my best luck (best IQ) came from the 1.7x Nikon converter. My 2.0 was very soft in comparison and I found the additional reach was compromised by the lack of IQ. JMHO and YMMV

Woody

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Don

Having used a number of Teleconverters, my best luck (best IQ) came from the 1.7x Nikon converter. My 2.0 was very soft in comparison and I found the additional reach was compromised by the lack of IQ. JMHO and YMMV

Woody

Woody -
Thanks for your input, but I am sure you know that the 1.7x won't work with the 80-200/2.8, only the newer 70-200VR, and having owned one that was NOT a good sample, I won't go that way again until they revamp that lens. Just sold the 1.7x a few mos ago, as I don't see myself needing it in the near future.

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
I stand or in this case "sit" corrected....thanks for the info..unfortunately for me I am happy with my old afd version...:(

Kind of sounds like finding a 2x that does not degrade the image too much is not possible....??

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Don

Woody
see if you can't try one before buying. i have had bad luck with 2X's. 1.4's okay but not 2.0's
I totally agree with Woody and fultonpics on this. I was very disappointed in the 2x, but the 1.4x and 1.7x gave me good results with D3 and D700.

Z

Zodubs

Which 2x teleconverter

Try using one that is most apt for your website. "org" are for organizations, "info" for informational sites and so on.

Traffic cant be based on which TLD you use as this would depend mainly on how you SEO and market your site IMO.