The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kids with Kodak 14nx

tdong

thanks viablex1 and donweston

Ya I only know of this forum after searching about Leica R on Nikon, I am still waiting for the parts to arrive

tdong

those pictures are taken with 105 dc

or r u asking about leica ? i just bought 3 to try out summilux 80/1.4 135 f2.8 and 90 f2.8. the leitax is here now . will change the mount after the boy going to bed

Very nice. What lens(es)?

-Marc

tdong

thanks jorgen, some how i always use this combo to take their pictures when they visit us. they are mix vietnamese and american

last year same body and lens

Beautiful. I know it's a cliché, but the portraits have a very "film-like" look to them.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
The kids are very cute. The first and the last one are my favorites. The camera really has a unique rendering.

rivercrew

Cindy - that unique rendering is due to the lack of an AA filter on the Kodak14nx sensor. Gives you that film-like quality like the Leica M8 which also has no AA filter. My D700 is at maxmax.com right now to have the AA filter removed from the sensor. They replace it with a UV/IR filter of equal thickness, same theory with the M8, but nstead of the UV/IR on the lenses, the D700 will have it on the sensor.
Logically one would assume you would get M8-like files on the D700 (no blurring of the pixels that the strong AA filter of Nikon does).
I'm off to Italy for 3 weeks with my Hot Rod D700, so I will let you know the results. (BTW, doing this procedure cost $450 and voids your Nikon warranty)

Roy

tdong

Thanks Cindy

I think rivercrew is right about the AA filter but after removed you may get more purple fringes at the bright part against the sun